Ms Duong Ba Anh Duyen has more than 20-year experience of practicing as a successful business lawyer in Vietnam. She has been involved in a wide range of business sectors such as construction, hospitality, port facilities, food & beverages, logistics, mass media, real estate, telecommunication, trading etc. She is widely recognized by her industry peers as a persuasive and authoritative lawyer, specifically in relation to cases involving demergers and reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and insolvencies, and dispute resolution across many sectors.
Over the years, she has acquired and developed expertise in proposing pragmatic solutions and helping clients mitigate risks, optimise benefits and tackle issues effectively and proficiently. Known in the industry for her professionalism and polite and personable manner, Ms Duyen is regularly recommended by foreign and local clients.
Prior to joining LNT & Partners, Ms Duyen was appointed as a member of a condominium building in Ho Chi Minh City. She was also the co-founding partner of DNPro Counsel LLP after she had left her partnership with Bizlink Lawyers & Consultants.
Vietnam Bar Federation
Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association
Liên đoàn Luật sư Việt Nam
Đoàn Luật sư thành phố Hồ Chí Minh
Cambridge Senior Management Program (University of Cambridge, UK)
LLM (University of the West of England, UK)
LLB (Ho Chi Minh City University of Law, Vietnam)
Senior Management Program (Đại học Cambridge, Vương quốc Anh)
Thạc sĩ Luật (Đại học West of England, Vương quốc Anh)
Cử nhân Luật (Đại học Luật Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam)
Express delivery & postal services
• Acted as the lawyer for a local postal-related service provider and its shareholders to negotiate and to close the share deal with a high profile fund.
• Acted as the retainer lawyer for a local postal-related service provider to monitor its legal compliance.
• Acted as the lawyer for fund managements in Vietnam to render the legal due diligence and legal deal structure; to negotiate and to close the M&A deal in which they acquired shares in private hospital group located in Ho Chi Minh City, Khanh Hoa, Da Nang and Dong Thap.
• Acted as the lawyer for the owner of a five star hotel in Khanh Hoa Province to settle the dispute against its project management company in the building stage of the hotel; as the hotel's retainer lawyer during its operation from 2015 – 2018; and rendered the legal solution to restructure its shareholdings for the M&A deal.
• Rendered the legal solution inclusive of the rental pool program for one villa project in Khanh Hoa Province to sell its villas; drafted and concluded the package of sale documents arising from the legal solution.
• Acted as the retainer lawyer for the foreign developer developing eco-tourism project in the area of 12 hectares located at Cam Ranh Peninsula, Khanh Hoa Province.
• Consulted the lease back programs and rental pool programs for hospitality developers and branded management companies
• Acted as the lawyer to support the owner of the five star hotel in Khanh Hoa to obtain all licences imposable for the electronic game business with prizes for foreigners and to arrange for importing Aristocrat Slot machines and launching the e-game club
• Advised and supported the postal service provider to obtain the postal service licence for its operation.
• Advised and supported the architect company to obtain the certificate on eligibility for class 1 project designs and master planning.
• Led the “first of its kind” case involving the reduction of capital in a joint venture real estate company by means of a redemption of issued shares after the dossier applied by the client was rejected by authorities. The excellent outcome which overturned authorities’ decisions helped the client consequently be able to proceed with the development of the 3.3 hectare project in Ho Chi Minh City.
Real Estate projects
• Rendered legal advices on project developments by either incorporating joint ventures between local developers and foreign investors or forming the business cooperation contracts between local developers and foreign investors.
• Rendered legal review on FIDIC-based contractual documents between the developer and foreign construction contractor.
• Rendered legal advice on business model of serviced residence among project company - SPA owners and LTLA holders – management companies for residential projects in Ho Chi Minh Ciy and Khanh Hoa Province.
• Advised, drafted and reviewed on document package of property distribution for residential projects in Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Khanh Hoa…